Makita LS1016L 10-Inch Miter Saw Review
Makita LS1016L Review: The Makita LS1016L is an updated 10″ dual bevel slider with some notable improvements over the seasoned LS1013 model. With an increased capacity of cutting crown moldings, the LS1016L has earned the admiration of many of its users.
The Makita LS1016L 10-Inch Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw has been touted as being able to slice through wood like a hot knife through butter. The saw arrives calibrated so you can get on with a project quicker.
Stand out features include the laser guide and the smooth startup feature. The high capacity of the saw allows for various cuts, providing quality and professional jobs in no time.
The LS1016L may suit someone looking for a saw with a blade that spins slower than 3600 RPM so is suited to cabinet making, and crown molding where accuracy is paramount.
Another great feature is that this saw has a crown molding cutting capacity of 6-5/8 inches (vertically nested). Powered by a 15 amps motor with a no-load speed of 3,200 rpm, this miter saw has an innovative direct drive gearbox and patented retractable guard system. Therefore, not only can you cut crown molding, but you also get to cut 4-3/4-inch baseboards vertically. To make things better, the saw also has a 12-inch capacity at 90 degrees.
Thanks to the exclusive six linear ball bearings and the patented Four-Steel Rail Sliding System, the saw delivers a large cutting capacity and a high level of accuracy. You also benefit of a variety of cutting applications due to the exclusive 4-3/4-inch sliding fence system, with four sliding fences that can be adjusted upper and lower for precise miter and bevel cuts.
Precise and accurate cuts are also obtained thanks to the built-in laser that indicates where you are going to cut the material. To add, the saw also features micro-adjustments for precise “left-of-blade” or “right-of-blade” cutting. Furthermore, thanks to the see-through blade guard system, you have a greater visibility of the blade and the line of cut.
Last, but not least, the saw features an ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle and a large trigger switch for ease of operation. Moreover, it has an Electronic Speed Control in order to maintain a constant speed.
Features and Benefits
- 3200 rpm Motor – It has a motor of 15 amps that delivers a no-load speed of 3,200 rpm
- Crown Molding capacity – It features a crown molding cutting capacity of 6-5/8 inches (vertically nested)
- Patented Sliding System – The saw also has a patented Four-Steel Rail Sliding System that further increases rigidity to produce superior cuts
- Portable – The saw is easy to carry since there are the large ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design handles on the base
- Soft start – The soft start is great, it really gives the saw the feel of a professional grade tool.
- Precise – Precision adjustments are made easier with dual front bevel scales for improved visibility.
- Quiet – It is also very quiet since Makita use a sealed gearbox to transfer power to the blade instead of a belt
- Linear Ball Bearings – It has exclusive six linear ball bearings.
- Laser – The LS1016L has a built-in laser that ensures cuts are straight and true.
The lazer system facilitates fast, accurate cuts
Joel P Serra, Amazon Customer Review
“I took this saw out of the box and put it to work right away. The lazer system facilitates fast, accurate cuts and the quad-rail glide system was smooth from the very first use. I also like the size of this tool.
Though not small, it takes up much less room than the 12″ models from other manufacturers that I looked at while offering similar cutting capacity. I hemmed and hawed over which saw to purchase – my only regret is that I didn’t purchase this earlier.”
Totally pleased with the new saw
Jack Morelock, Amazon Customer Review
“Easy to set up and ready to run; only minor adjustments. I had a single pair of rails Makita miter saw before this and liked it. This one, I really like. The second set of rails gives me less room lost to the operation and seems to make for easier movement. I do like the laser guide and use it. Totally pleased with the new saw”
Great saw for the price
Smac, Amazon Customer Review
“I was on the fence between Bosch and Makita. Having used both on-site in the past I preferred the Makita’s handle action and weight. This is for use on around the house projects such as trim work, built-ins and furniture making, the 10″ was good enough. A little adjustment out of the box and it was ready to go. Great saw for the price”
When looking at what real users say about this saw you will find that the majority of the reviews made by its users are positive thanks in the main to the features of this miter saw.
Users are satisfied with how it cuts and completes a job without any problems. Many users are impressed by how easy it is to read the numbers and its ease of operation.
The Makita LS1016L Miter Saw has been reviewed by over 140 customers on Amazon and has been given a impressive overall rating of of 4.2 stars out 5.0, and it has a rating of 4.5/5.0 for over 80 ratings at HomeDepot.
The Makita LS1016L comes packed full of features at a very reasonable price. It is easy to set up and ready to run right out the box only requiring minor adjustments. This unit slides smooth and the cuts are smooth. For this price some brands will just charge for a the bare tool.
How to Use the Makita LS1016L Saw
Frequently Asked Questions
- Powerful 15.0 AMP direct drive motor.
- Motor delivers 3,200 RPM.
- Patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System.
- 6 linear ball bearings deliver accurate cuts.
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8″” crown molding (vertically nested), 4-3/4″” baseboard (vertical), and 12″” crosscuts at 90°.
- Innovative direct drive gearbox.
- Miters 0°-52° left and 0°-60° right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° (left and right).
Other Makita Miter Saws
If you found this review useful then read the full the Hitachi C12FDH Review.