Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
You may have had thoughts about renovating your home on your own. When such thoughts enter your mind, you are bound to think about which tools and equipment you may need. Aside from hammers, nails and electric drills, you should be thinking about purchasing a good miter saw. The Makita LS0714 Sliding Compound Miter Saw may be just what you are looking for.
- Powered by a 10amp, 6,000rpm motor
- Double sliding mechanism
- Nine positive stops
- Four steel poles with four linear ball bearings ensure stable, accurate, and vibration-free cutting
- Lightweight; weighing only 27.6 lbs
- No adjustment is necessary, the saw is perfectly square in all directions right out of the box.
- One of the biggest advantages of the Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw is its compact and lightweight build. While most miter saws weigh more than 40lbs, this device weighs only 27.6lbs. This makes it easier to use, handle, carry and store.
- The steel poles of the device make it sturdy while the linear ball bearings lessen the vibrations due to the motor’s actions.
- Perfect for interior trim work
- You can feel that the LS0714 has been well engineered, built to last and will be dependable
- The cuts are smooth and clean
- No trouble with blade wobble that can be associated with other miter saws
- Adjusting the saw is a breeze
- Some customers have commented over the slide of the miter saw being too rough.
If you are looking for a lightweight saw, this is it
Watson Michael D, Amazon Customer Review
“Did all the research and found this saw tops for a light weight precision cutting saw. I am “almost” a perfectionist when it comes to flooring and trim work. This saw is very precise and smooth with cuts. You can feel the quality that was put into this saw by Makita. If you are looking for a lightweight saw, this is it.”
This saw is amazing
Shaun Petersen, Amazon Customer Review
“I was looking for a saw to do everything I could need around the house. This saw is amazing. The quality is really rock solid. It cuts a 2″ by 12″ of pressure treated lumber like butter. After going to lowes and Home Depot to look at saws, I am really happy I went with this one. Unlike all of the saws in the store, this one is assembled in the USA. I looked at every saw in the stores and they were all from China. Highly recommended”
You can’t go wrong with this saw
M Pike, Amazon Customer Review
“This is the lightest, best machined, miter saw I have ever used ( and I have used them all). Easily transported to third floors. It is great for about 85% of the work we do and we do major renovations and lots of trim work. For large crown mouldings, etc. I have a much larger less easily transported miter. For all your base, wide cuts, etc. this is the ideal saw. You can’t go wrong with this saw..”
The Makita LS0714 Compound Miter Saw has been reviewed by 68 customers on Amazon and has been given a impressive customer score of 4.3 out of 5.0. CLICK HERE – Read more reviews.
Overall, most customers are more than satisfied with the performance and quality brought to them by the Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw. The lightweight and compact nature of this device has been commended specifically. Users commented that the miter saw provided them with clean and accurately cut pieces.
The Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw is the type of saw that nearly anybody can use. Thanks to its lightweight nature, people of nearly all body types can operate this device with ease and comfort. And the 10 amp direct-drive motor delivers an impressive 6,000 rpm for improved performance.
Despite its lightweight build, this miter saw is very strong and sturdy. Support comes from its four steel poles, which have been designed to hold the motor’s head for deep cutting capacity. This device also comes equipped with four linear ball bearings that offer a user vibration-free and accurate cuts and angles.The 7½ inch blade of the saw cuts through materials with ease. The device comes equipped with a double sliding mechanism as well.
The aluminum base of the Makita LS0714 Quad 10 Amp 7-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw is able to hold both 2×12 lumber at 90◦ and 2×8 at 45◦ with ease. The device offers users nine positive stops, at 15◦, 22.5◦, 30◦, 45◦ (either right or left) and 0◦.
Overall, the Makita LS0714 Quad 7-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a good and inexpensive way of getting well cut pieces for your carpenter shop or for home improvement projects. CLICK HERE – See the latest rating and PRICE on Amazon.
If you found this review useful then read the full review for the Hitachi C8FSHE 8-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw.