DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
The DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw is a miter saw that will definitely get your cutting jobs done fast and easy. Its powerful motor and its great features are two important reasons why many choose this miter saw for their cutting jobs, as it provides professional cuts for delicate and heavy duty works.
- It has a 15 amp motor with 3,800 rpm
- It features a back fence design
- It has a rail lock latch to hold the head away from the fence
- It features the new XPS cross-cut alignment system
- It miters 50 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right
- It has an adjustable miter detent plate with 10 positive stops
Power, accuracy and capacity are just a few important things that the DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw has to offer to those who require such a tool, from cabinetmakers to trim carpenters, installers and contractors.
One of the greatest features of this miter saw is represented by its high capacity cutting due to the powerful 15 amp motor. Able to deliver 3,800 rpm, this miter saw is designed to offer a combination of cut capacities like vertical (6-3/4 inch), nested crown (7-1/2 inch), and horizontal (13-7/8 inch). To make things better, the saw features a back fence design that can cut up to 2×16 at an angle of 90 degrees and 2×12 at an angle of 45 degrees. Also, in order to simplify and maximize the vertical capacity, the saw is designed with a rail lock latch that has the role to hold the head away from the fence.Cutting has never been easier thanks to the new XPS cross-cut alignment system of the saw. To explain, the saw features an ultra-bright LED light that is meant to show the user where the blade will come in contact with the material that is about to be cut. Also, it features and advanced dust collection system that can collect up to 75% of the generated dust.
Another great thing about this miter saw is its design. To exemplify, the saw has rugged guards, precision-machined casting, fences and a bevel system. Moreover, the miter detent plate is made out of stainless steel to make the saw durable and able to withstand any type of job.
Last, but not least, this miter saw is easy to use and easy to adjust. It features a bevel from 0 to 49 degrees to the right and to the left that has positive stops at 0, 22.5, 33.9, 45 and 49 degrees. Moreover, the saw miters 50 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right. Furthermore, it has an adjustable miter detent plate with 10 positive stops.
- The saw has great features like the powerful motor and the XPS cross-cut alignment system.
- The amount of torque and power is impressive allowing the unit to have the power to hold blade speed all the way through the cut.
- Adjustment of both angle and bevel are easy and quick.
- You will not have to make any adjustments to the saw out of the box
- It’s not too heavy so becomes very portable
- LED light that casts a shadow of the blade to show you exactly where it’s going to cut. Accurate cutting using the advanced XPS cross cut positioning system
- The gauges are extremely accurate.
- The unit comes with a decent dust collection port.
- The stock blade that comes with the DWS780 is pretty good for general use but would need upgrading if you’re doing anything with very fine details.
- Some complained that the saw doesn’t slide easily it should.
- Some users would love the unit to have a soft start option
Thanks to its great features and design, this miter saw has earned many positive reviews. Users are content with how the saw cuts and are happy with the design. However, there were some who complained that it doesn’t slide easily.
Joe Anderson, Amazon Customer Review
“We love our power tools and couldn’t pass this up with the free stand. About $60 cheaper than Home Depot. I like the LED lit which casts a shadow of the blade on the workpiece. I prefer over the laser as it illuminates your workspace at the same time. The amount of torque and power is impressive.”
Thomas Schleis, Amazon Customer Review
“I got this with the DEWALT DWX723 Heavy Duty Miter Saw Stand. Good combination in my shop or outside. Used it to cut cedar board and baton siding, studs and so on for a new shed. Then put it back in the shop as a cut-off saw in making a small table and other projects.
Easily adjustable in all directions. Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system works well. It shines a light across board with shadow line indicating cut line and is easy to get used to. Be better if it was a laser type line, but I can live with this quite well. The Saw Stand is heavy enough. Stops at ends are a bit flimsy, but manageable. If I were doing production work, I’d have to modify slightly for better speed/accuracy on repetitious cuts. Compared to the old saw I had, this one is a dream.”
Pablo Divine, Amazon Customer Review
The DEWALT DWS780 Miter Saw has been reviewed by 250 customers on Amazon and has been given an impressive customer score of 4.8 out of 5.0. Click here for more verified customer reviews and rating on Amazon.
In a nutshell, the DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a great saw that is perfect for various cutting jobs, from delicate to heavy duty work and that is why I highly recommend it.
Where to Buy
If you found this review useful then read the full review for the DEWALT DW718 12-Inch Double-Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw.